Hello my loves! It’s only the beginning of the year and I have gone through 2 birthdays in my household already. My son turned one and my daughter turned 6 in January and I had to get creative in how I can celebrate them.
Planning timeline- I started 6-8 weeks and although I had grand plans of what I wanted to do. I had to scale back with my plans and did something a bit more intimate and obviously COVID safe. Here are a few ideas of ways to celebrate birthdays kids and adults during the pandemic
1. Plan a photoshoot – I decided to do a photoshoot for my daughter and my son. Planning for this is can take between 4-8 weeks depending on how long your photographer require to have your pictures back to you. Most photographers may take 2-3 weeks to have your pictures ready after editing.
2. Drive by Party- This is one of the safest celebration we can do during pandemic. Pick a date and time, and friend drive by your house to honor and celebrate you.
3. Zoom Party- While Zoom has been available for quite a while, people are now able to use it for lots of celebrations such as weddings and birthdays. Once you have your Zoom account, you can set a time and send it to your loved ones who can use to pay tributes, celebrate and witness your private celebration. Click the link to get started. https://zoom.us/join
4. Dinner- Restaurant or at home. We decided to take my daughter out to eat just to get out of the house and it was just immediate family and it was amazing. We enjoyed ourselves.
5. Birthday Home celebration- I decided to have just the a small gathering at the house with just some family members who are around for my son’s birthday. I ordered balloon from Amazon in an attempt to make a garland and ordered a backdrop. Customized Tshirt on the actual birthday. Customized and personalized Tshirts is one of my favorite things to do, pandemic or no pandemic. I always did it since my daughter was 1 year old and we have continued every year since. It was one of the items I made for the bday party. Since our theme was winter ONEderland, I searched for winter wonderland theme that had to do with Blue and Silver and I was able to find a handful of people who were able to make our Tshirts for us. The shirt came out beautiful and since it was a Family themed birthday party, we were able to make Tshirt for just family members. I also ordered cake and plinth for the cakes as well. We took pictures, sang Happy Birthday and cut the cake. It was a memorable birthday, one that I will cherish for years to come.
6. Spa- This is an option to be able to do this in a safe environment. I was able to take my daughter to get a manicure and pedicure for a little Mommy/Daughter moment. It was the first time for her and we both enjoyed spending time together.
If you have any other ideas of how to celebrate during the pandemic, do not hesitate to share them.
Lots of love,